Albany CrossFit Members,
Spring is finally here! Summer is around the corner and there are many exciting things happening at our gym. First, before we discuss some big changes that will be occurring in the near future — the Coaching Staff would like to thank a few members who have gone out of their way to add some beauty to our facility. Nik Delsignore, Dona Wildove, Laura Garrison, Diana Voss, Nancy Andrews, Marie Marie, Anne Hay, Shye Evan, Brandy Jacobson, Julie Jacobson and Nathan Jacobson have been hard at work helping us to do a little spring cleaning. They are the reason the pavement by the side door is so clean, all of the leaves are gone and trash has been thrown away. They even went as far as to plant us some new flower beds by the outdoor pull up bars (watch your step when running around out there). If you see any of these guys or gals at the gym be sure to thank them for all of their hard work — they did it all because they love and care about Albany CrossFit.
Here’s a quick overview of some future changes happening at the gym:
- New Rates
- On Ramp Schedule & Rates
- Bring a Friend Day
- Summer Events
Going into the summer, we have decided to reduce our rates. These changes will go into effect on your first payment on or after May 1st, 2015.
- Unlimited Monthly: Currently $159 – Reducing to $149.
- Limited Monthly: Remains at $99, but will now allow 3 sessions / week instead of 2 sessions.
- Quarterly Unlimited: Currently $420 – Reducing to $399.
- Yearly: $1,440 – No Change.
On Ramp Schedule & Rates:
Currently, our On Ramp program runs for four weeks. We will now be running two On Ramp courses per month – each lasting two weeks in length. The price for On Ramp sessions has also been reduced.
- Course Length: 2 Weeks (6 Sessions)
- Class Days / Times: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday at 7:00pm
- Rates: $99 for Group Sessions, $149 for Personal Sessions.
Bring a Friend Day:
Ever wish your friends & loved ones could come to the gym and experience CrossFit with you? Well…we are excited to grant that wish with Bring a Friend Days!
- Who Can Come?: ANYONE! Family, Friends, Enemies, Random person you met on the streets. There is no limit to how many people you can bring.
- When?: Twice a month on Saturdays. A schedule will be posted shortly.
- What Time?: Any class on the schedule. 7:00AM, 8:00am, 9:30am, 12:00pm
- What Will The WODs Be?: The WOD will always be tough, but scalable to be beginner friendly. You can expect plenty of bodyweight movements (Squats, Push Ups, Pull Ups, Sit Ups), Box Jumps, Running, Rowing, Wall Balls, Jump Roping etc… These will be partner workouts so you and your buddy can work together as a team.
With the OPEN Season passing us by a month ago — the Coaching Staff has been entertaining some options in regards to our gym’s programming. We wanted to move on from Competitors Training and to find something that would be more appropriate for our gyms population — those training for health and fitness. Through some trial and error experimenting we have decided to follow the programming provided by CrossFit HQ. Simply put, there is no purer form of CrossFit out there than what the people who created it are putting out. We feel it offers a healthy balance of variety, difficulty and is written with a clear goal: to make you a fitter individual. Here are some specifics on what you can expect.
- Schedule: We will be following CrossFit HQ programming a month behind. The Coaching Staff wants to be 100% prepared when you step into our classes. We do not simply walk in, glance at the board and repeat it back to you. We look at each day, plan how we will run our class, how we will scale etc… A month behind also allows our coaches the ability to look at the bigger picture of our training and see where the programming is going each month.
- Rest Days: CrossFit HQ varies their rest days. What we do on those days will vary from Partner WODs and Benchmark WODs to Skill / Strength Sessions and other fun workouts. What is done on rest days will ultimately depend on what is going on in the rest of the training week.
- WODs: We will be trying our best to follow HQ WODs exactly as they are written. However, sometimes it may not be possible due to space and equipment. Also, depending on what is programmed, things may be altered on select Saturdays for Bring a Friend Day.
We have a lot of fun events planned this summer — we will be announcing more in the future, but here are two dates to put in your calendar!
- Memorial Day Murph: Monday, May 25th we will be running our Annual Memorial Day Murph WOD. This will be just one class at 10:00am.
- Fourth of July WOD: Saturday, July 4th we have a top secret WOD planned…I’ve already said too much, but there will be just one class at 10:00am.
We hope you enjoy and appreciate what we have in store for you in the near future. If you have any questions, concerns or need guidance on how you can improve as an athlete please email our Head Coach James at [email protected]
The Coaching Staff