Close your eyes and imagine…the bar is loaded, chalk dust is in the air, shoes are tied tight and your singlet straps are up. Months of hard training are about to be tested, for three white lights you must go under the bar… Do you have visions of being a king or queen on the platform? If you do then Albany CrossFit’s Barbell Club is for you! As a club member you will:
- Train hard towards mastery and technical proficiency in Weightlifting (Snatch, Clean & Jerk) and Powerlifting (Back Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift).
- Join a close knit and supportive group who share a passion for slamming bars & killing PRs!
- Put your hard work to the test on the platform and participate actively in competitions if you choose.
Our Barbell Club is led by Head Coach James McDermott. Coach McDermott is a current member of the United States Weightlifting Association (USAW), the American Weightlifting Federation (AWF), and is an active competitor in the sports of Weightlifting & Powerlifting. He is also a soon to be published author of the book, “The Dark Orchestra” which is he currently co-authoring with National Champion Jon North. The book will depict North’s journey through the sport of Weightlifting, showcase artistic writings from his online blog and contain instructions on technique for the Snatch, Clean & Jerk. Coach James also holds the following Weightlifting certifications: Attitude Nation Levels 1 & 2, USAW Level 1 Sports Performance, Donny Shankle Seminar, FuBarbell & The Training Geek: Weightlifting Biomechanics Seminar.
- Class is held on Mondays (6-7pm) and Wednesdays (6pm-7:30pm).
- Athletes of any skill level or experience are welcome to join.
- Supplemental Programming is available for members who wish to work on Weightlifting Skills outside of class.
At Our Gym You Will…
- Learn from the Capital District’s top expert on Weightlifting & Powerlifting.
- Test the margins of your own experience and redefine success.
- Train in a facility that has produced Olympic, Professional & Amateur athletes in various sports.