On Ramp is our introductory course to all things CrossFit and is a prerequisite all new gym members must complete. Throughout this four week course we provide a fun, safe and supportive environment where new members can learn about proper exercise mechanics, CrossFit and our methodologies. This will be the first step you take in your fitness journey towards optimal health and fitness. After completing On Ramp you will:
- Be taught the proper mechanics of CrossFit exercises.
- Have become acclimated to the intensity of the workouts we perform.
- Understand how to scale movements and workouts.
- Understand why we practice the training and nutrition methodologies of CrossFit.
Our On Ramp Program is led by the dynamic duo of Head Coach James McDermott and Coach Chris Anderson. Coach McDermott has had the pleasure of being a part of the On Ramp since 2011. Throughout the last few years he has instructed hundreds of new athletes as they embark on their fitness journeys to make positive change in their lives. He holds a Bachelors of Science Degree in Kinesiology: Fitness Development from SUNY Cortland and is a CrossFit Level 1 certified trainer. Coach Anderson is currently a middle school teacher and definitely knows his way around a classroom. His experience as a teacher provides him with the skills to educate and train new members who want to learn about CrossFit. Coach Anderson currently holds a CrossFit Level 1 trainer certification.
- On Ramp starts on the first Monday of every month and is a four week course.
- Classes are held Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:00am or 7:00pm.
- Each class is supported by multiple assistant coaches to ensure athletes receive the attention they need.
At Our Gym You Will…
- Learn from the Capital District’s top experts on Health & Fitness.
- Test the margins of your own experience and redefine success.
- Train in a facility that has produced Olympic, Professional & Amateur athletes in various sports.