Here, in no particular order, is a list of workouts that are perfect for when you're traveling for business or away on vacation. Most require minimal, if any, equipment, and are perfect to keep you dialed in to your training while away from Albany CrossFit and CrossFit Clifton Park. We recommend you consult with a coach on the best workouts to use before going away on your trip:
* Run 1 mile for time.
* 10 push-ups and 10 squats: 10 rounds.
* Tabata Squats: 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest, 8 rounds. Count your lowest score.
* Handstand to Jack-Knife to vertical jump. 30 Reps.
* Run 1 mile with 100 air squats at midpoint. For time.
* 7 squats, 7 burpies, 7 rounds. For time.
* 10 x 30 second handstand to 30 second bottom of the squat hold.
* Burpee to the push up position, do 10 push ups, burpee out. 5 rounds. (Important: Be sure to shout "Yay! Burpees" at the end.)
* Run 1 mile, plus 50 squats. For time.
* 100 burpees for time. (Yay! Burpees.)
* 5 squats, 5 push-ups, 5 sit ups. 20 rounds.
* Plebe's Plank (see below), hollow rock hold, 30 seconds each for 10 rounds. Use the transition times as your rest periods…they should be as brief as possible.
* 5 push ups with a 30 second Plebe's Plank (a hold at the top of the push up, arms extended and body tight like a plank!) at the end of each 5 reps, 10 rounds. Then 3 x 100m dash @ 80%.
* Handstand practice, 25 tries at free handstands, then a 1 mile run at 80%.
* Handstand 10 seconds jack-knife to vertical jump. 25 reps. *
* Mime 4x 25 sumo deadlift high pulls, make them perfect. Be sure the hips extend before the arms bend! -50 air squats x 5. Rest equal amounts as it took to do each 50.
* Run 1 mile and do 10 push-ups every 1 minute.
* Sprint 100m, then 30 squats. 8 rounds.
* 30 push ups, 30 second handstand or Plebs Plank..3 rounds.
* 10 sit ups and 10 burpees.10 rounds-for time.
* Handstand hold, 30 seconds, squat hold 30 seconds.10 rounds.
* 250 jumping jacks. For time.
* 100 jumping jacks, 75 air squats, 50 push ups, 25 burpees.
* Tabata Push-ups.
* 30 second handstand against a wall, followed by a 30 second static hold at the bottom of the squat. 5 rounds.
* With eyes closed, do 10 air squats, open eyes..do 10 push ups eyes closed. 5 rounds for time.
* Run 1 minute, air squat 1 minute. 5 rounds.
* Air squat x 10. Push up x 10. Sit up x 10. 3 rounds for time.
* 10 push-ups, 10 hollow rocks, run 200 meters. 5 rounds.
* Tabata Squats with eyes closed.
* Bottom to Bottom Tabata Air Squats. (Rest at the bottom of the squat instead of standing….without support on your hands or butt and make the bottom good, straight back, butt back.)
* 20 sit ups with support under the lumbar spine, 20 push ups, run 400m, 4 rounds.
*Handstands: 30 second hold, 30 second static squat, 30 second rest. 8 rounds.
*Sprint 50 meters, 10 push ups. 10 rounds.
* 50 air squats, 4 rounds. rest for 2 minutes between rounds.
* 3x 20 tuck jumps. 3x 30 second handstands.
* 400m run/sprint, 30 air squats. 3 rounds for time.
* 20 jumping jacks, 20 burpies, 20 air squats. 3 rounds.
-Warm up. Run 100 meters and do 20 air squats. 10 rounds.
*Handstand 5x 30 seconds. Run: 2x 800 meters for time. Do the handstands first. Rest and recover and do the runs with a rest in between that is as long as it took you to run your first 800.
* 100 air squats, 3 min. rest, 100 air squats.
* Run with high knees for 15 seconds and drop into a pushup, get back up and run with high knees again for 15 seconds…….repeat 5x. Each pushup counts as 1 rep. Rest. Do 3 more rounds. (Remind you of football practice?)
*10 x 50 meter sprint.
*Test yourself on a max set of push ups...tight body chest to the floor…full extension! If you cannot do “mens style” do your pushups from the knees. After that do 100 air squats for time.
* Tabata…20 seconds on 10 second rest 8 rounds of…tuck jumps and then sit ups.
* Run 400m, 30 air squats, hand stands for 30 seconds. 3 rounds for time.
-5 handstand to jacknife to high jump, 5 handstand to jacknife to tuck jump, 5 handstand to jacknife to split jump, 3 rounds. For form.
* 5 pushups, 5 squats, 5 sit-ups. 20 rounds. (Yes, 20.)
* Run 1 mile, stopping every minute to do 20 air squats.
* 30 second handstand, 60 second squat hold ( at the bottom of the squat.) 5 rounds.
* Run 200 meters, 50 squats, 3 rounds