What I enjoy most about Albany CrossFit is the people. I have made many friends thru Albany CrossFit and it is partially the reason I started to actually like living in the capital district and why I stayed after graduation from school. Everybody is always so welcoming and excited to say hi and push you through a tough wod.
I keep going back to Albany CrossFit because I have seen so many positive changes in my life. I find myself constantly pushing myself to complete tasks and relating to AMRAPs saying "If you can go hard for 15-20 minutes working out, you can push thru the last 5 minutes of running or work." That always gets me.
My biggest improvement has come in being more aware of my diet and seeing improvements in the gym when I eat clean. I am able to lift more, it is easier for me to move and overall I am more comfortable and happy with my life.
In my everyday life Albany CrossFit has given me more confidence. I find that I am able to challenge myself to do things out of my comfort zone and succeed at them. And I have proved to myself time and time again that I really can do anything I put my mind to. Albany Crossfit has also help me be better at scheduling my time and knowing where I have to prioritize certain things to make time for Albany CrossFit so that I continually make myself better.
My favority Albany CrossFit story would have to be…oh it's hard to pick one…but I love when we have non WOD get togethers. BBQs, Halloween parties, or the formal are all examples of the awesome community we have and how much fun we all have together. In and out of the triple wide.
- November 2013 Boot Camp Graduation
- Alyssa Shangraw:
- Audra Hamill: Breaking Barriers.
- Tristan Fritz: the original Bearded Badass.
- Christine McAuley: aka Muscles McAuley
- Elise Massimo: Not taking fitness for granted.
- Billy Craft: Coming back for the people, staying for the PRs.
- Carmen Frances: Crying like a little b*tch.
- Kim Seevers: Laughing so hard we pee.
- Lisa Johnson: We are family.
- Adam Puorto: Forging elite Friendship.
- Kat O'Sullivan: Every Body is Beautiful
- Sonya Dahnke: CrossFitting to help save lives
- Julie Duncan: Challenging yourself in the box leads to increased confidence.
- Peter Gannon: From Chubby Baller to Straight Baller.
- Chris Anderson: More then just a pretty face.