it’s that time of year again! Time to register for the CrossFit Open. I know there are many of you who have some reservations about registering; maybe you feel a little intimidated by a competitive environment or you have doubts on your abilities to be labeled as a ‘competitive athlete’. Or maybe you just aren’t the competitive type. Reservations or not, the CrossFit Open is the perfect opportunity for you to test out the skills you’ve been working hard on all year long and see how you stack up against others in the Northeast region.
How to Register for the 2013 CrossFit Open on the Albany CrossFit or CrossFit Clifton Park Team
1. Navigate yourself over to http://games.crossfit.com/
2. At the top right side of the website, you’ll see a big red block that says “COMPETE HERE” in White. Go ahead and click there.
3. If you signed up for the 2012 CrossFit Open and/or ‘CrossFit for Hope’ event last year, you already have a login. So there is no need to create one. Just go ahead and sign in with that information.
If you did not sign up last year for either event, you will need to go ahead and create a login.
4. Once you login, either with you already established login or with your newly created one, they will ask you some location information and ask for payment; the cost for the Open is $20.
5. After payment is submitted, you will be brought to a screen that will ask you to designate two things; your affiliate and your team.
For your affiliate, select “Albany CrossFit" or "CrossFit Clifton Park” from the drop down; there are thousands of affiliates listed in this drop down but thankfully, it is in alphabetical order.
For your team, select “Albany CrossFit" or "CrossFit Clifton Park” from the drop down.
You are now all set to compete in the CrossFit 2013 Open!