1. mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc.
2. a state of equilibrium or equipoise; equal distribution of weight, amount,etc.
Do you sometimes wonder whether your life is in balance? It is easy to know if you lead a balanced life because if you do then:
- you enjoy every moment and every second,
- you can cope with any difficulties,
- you can be happy without any reason to be happy,
- you can be yourself and love the person you are.
Today’s world throws us out of balance constantly, and no matter what we do, we still feel like life is going in the wrong direction. Balanced living might seem like one of those theoretical terms that nobody can put into practice but in fact, there is nothing simpler than living a balanced life. Balanced living is when you can always offset any negative events in your life with positive ones. It is also when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Balanced living is when you are happy working and playing equally.
If you want to live a balanced life, there are a few key habits you need to develop:
1. Awareness and mindfulness – when you are aware of this moment, you are calm and don’t make decisions you may regret later. When you are mindful, you live in the present instead of obsessing over the future or past.
2. Appreciation of your body – Take care of your body. Make healthy choices in life, exercise, rest and nutrition.
3. Creativity – Every day we face challenges and choices. If you approach them with creativity, then your life will be filled with adventure. Creativity turns play into work and work into play and dreams into reality.
4. Patience – With patience we can overcome almost anything and conversely, without it we can ruin almost anything. Patience leads to mindfulness and mindfulness brings you in balance.
5. Simplicity – When you build your life around simplicity, you have a better chance of keeping the scales balanced. What is there to simplify? Simplify your work schedule. Simplify your relationships by connecting with people you truly care about. Simplify your diet by making healthy choices. Simplify your social media exposure and enjoy living life offline.
What habits can you develop? What habits are already a part of your life? What can you do to find greater balance in your life?